As a website owner, I’m required by law to comply with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
In other words, this the my affiliate disclosure/disclaimer.
On a more personal level, I believe that being open with you is the right thing to do. That’s why I created this disclosure page to let you know that yes, I do make money from this website.
If you’re using this website, then you should know:
- I get a direct benefit from every post and page I put on this website. Whether that is monetary or simple joy of helping others, I’m benefiting from it in some form or another.
- If you see an external link, then you can just assume it is an affiliate link, because it probably is. What that means is if you click on that link and purchase a product, then at no-additional cost to you, I will receive an a small referral commission.
- I do write about my own products and websites, so yes that means those projects get additional PR and exposure.
- I do run my own company, so it is possible that this blog may help me land new associates and clients.
- I get to make a lot of friends thanks to social media, this and other websites, and business travel.
- I do get a lot of freebies that I test and review. Often vendors send me those freebies in exchange for a review. However that doesn’t mean that they get a positive review. If I don’t like the product, then you will know, and so will anyone else reading that review.
It’s important to me you understand that the words and opinions on this website are mine and are not influenced by any sort of compensation. I only recommend products or services that I use personally and/or believe will provide value to you.
If you have any question regarding the above, then please do not hesitate to contact me by using the contact page.
Last updated on June 27, 2018